How to Link Hostinger Webmail with Your Existing Gmail Account
Hello, let’s go over the steps on how to link your Hostinger Webmail with your Gmail account. Why would you do that?
- Well, if you are an avid Gmail user, this setup could work like a charm. Instead of logging into multiple websites, you would have all your emails in one central place.
- You will be able to Send and “Reply as” the e-mail on your Hostinger account, giving your business a very professional look, and the best part is that you can add in Gmail your custom signature.
- You can see that E-mail on your mobile phone, the same way you see your existing Gmail account, no need to do another configuration.
- Can you link multiple E-mails to the same account? (for example firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc), Absolutely Yes!
- Last but not least, you can still setup forwarders in Hostinger (this means that when anyone sends an email to that Hostinger e-mail, you can “forward” it to other external emails, staff members). This is convenient if you are going on vacation and need someone else to reply.
Without further introduction let’s get started!
Note: If you are using the Webmail “Powered by Titan” version, the settings are different and we created a tutorial here with the most updated screens: https://youtu.be/1S0a5RwhSSs
Check Your Webmail Email Configuration
Login to your Hostinger.com
Once on the main page click on the Emails link on Top
2. Next, select the name of your domain preceded by @ like in this example @iknowledgeschool
3. On the white left panel, select the “Configuration Settings” of your Email, this will be handy when we go back to Gmail and start filling out the information that will be asked.
Mega Tip: Take a picture of these settings with your phone if you don’t have two monitors (huge time-saver instead of switching screens). Delete the image once finished.
Hostinger Webmail Password Verification
4. Open another tab in your browser. Verify that your e-mail password is correct by logging in to webmail.hostinger.com the following screen appears. If your password is good then stay logged in. If your password is not working then follow the next password reset steps.
How to Reset Your Webmail Password
5. Reset Your Password if you can’t login: go back to your Hostinger Email dashboard, select your email, and click on the three dots on the far right.
6. You can see the current password by clicking at the Eye on the right or change the password and try to login again, leave the Webmail open, don’t sign out yet.
7. If you need to change the password type it in this area and click Update to save changes.
We Are Now Ready to Go to Gmail!
1. Once logged in to your Gmail account, click on the Gear icon >> See all settings, and a new screen appears.
2. Click under Accounts and Import, we will set up in two parts.
3. First, we will configure Send Mail and then, Check mail from other accounts.
Configure Send Mail As (Part 1)
1. Click Add another email address as shown above.
2. Add your name as you would like to be displayed under, and the e-mail address from Hostinger. Click Next Step when finished.
In the next screen, change all of the default settings as follows:
Default (needs to be changed, do not click Next yet)
Remember the picture of the Email configurations you took early on? 😊This is the time to use it:
- Copy the SMTP settings including the Port number
- Your username would be your complete Hostinger email
- The password of your Hostinger E-mail address, the one we verified and may be changed.
- Secure connection using SSL (important)
- Click Add Account.
If you received this message below, congratulations! (but we are not done yet) This means that Gmail was able to send you a verification number. Go back to your already open Hostinger Webmail, copy the code (or take another picture, your choice) and enter it here, click “Verify”
After looking on your webmail (or if you already have an email forwarder you should also see it there), clicked verify, now we are done!
Now you should see your Hostinger E-mail in your Gmail settings, and even an option to Set it as Default if you want to.
How to Get the Hostinger Incoming Emails from your Gmail account
The following step will relieve you from wondering if you are getting emails from your Hostinger account.
Go back to your Gmail Settings and in the same “Accounts and Import” area click “Add a mail account”
Enter your Hostinger E-mail address again in the field below, click Next.
The default option Import emails from my other account (POP 3) appears, click Next.
This is the time to use again your picture with the Email settings, fill in the blanks.
Check the first 3 options:
- Leave a copy on the server (for backup)
- Always use a secure connection SSL (for more security)
- Label incoming messages (this is optional, but will avoid confusion if you have multiple accounts)
- Uncheck the “Archive incoming messages” because the point is to see them in your main Inbox
- Click Add Account to save your changes
Once again, you should see the new account under this area:
Test Your Email Configuration
- The easiest way is to send an email from a totally different Email account and reply to it using your Gmail. Let’s do this!
- You can use your Gmail account already setup on your phone
- In the main Gmail account, click “Compose” and the new Email should now appear under “Send E-mail as”
Note: The first time you set it up, and depending on your internet connection, this may take a little longer than usual. Give it at least 2-3 minutes.
Once you received your email make sure you reply to it, it should all be good now.
If you don’t see your E-mail after a while, check that:
- The password is correct
- The port number is the one in your picture
- The Username was typed as the whole E-mail address
- Start from scratch and add it again. Print if needed these steps if it makes it easier.
As a last resort, contact Hostinger support if all else fails. Let me tell you that they are beyond amazing and our experience with them has been consistently incredible.
Please let us know if you find these tips helpful or if you have any questions or would like additional tutorials.
hosting, hostinger link to gmail, hostinger tips, hostinger tips and tricks, hostinger titan email, hostinger titan webmail, hostinger webmail, hostinger webmail setup, how to setup your hostinger account with gmail, iknowledge school, webmail configuration
hostinger email setup gmail
hostinger email configuration
hostinger email setup android
hostinger webmail app
hostinger email setup outlook
hostinger smtp configuration
hostinger imap settings
hostinger email setup outlook android